Saturday 15 September 2012

Best 90s night. EVER.

Hello!

Last night the Erasmus students hit up one of the big "clubs" in Heidelberg which was offering a 90's night. Whilst we all had low expectations, we all had predrinks and made our way over there. What we did not expect was how AWESOME it truly was. One of the best nights in Germany yet. The music was just tune after tune after tune. I'm talking about all the classics like Blink 182, Aqua, The Spice Girls, Vengaboys, Green Day, Macarena, the list goes on and on. If any of you know me personally, then you know that I was in my element. :)

I did make a funny observation about Germans and clubbing last night. In the UK, if you don't have any money for drinks but still want to get drunk, you normally go minesweeping (Munners) where you in effect steal unattended drinks and drink them yourselves, preferably without the person noticing. However in Germany, because they are big time recycling eager beavers, for every bottle or glass you return to the bar, you get 1 Euro. So if you are in Halle02, the club we were at last night and you have no money, just find any empty bottle and run to the bar, your night is already paid for!

I must now apologise for not mentioning my beautiful co-star Abigail "Mannheim" Packer who has been my solid rock since being here. Also I did steal my awesome German joke from her so all credit must be given where it is due!

Much love

Andy C

1 comment: