Monday 5 November 2012

Birthday Celebrations.

Hello everyone! Once again sorry for the sporadic nature of these posts. I've been without a laptop for a few weeks so now that I have one again its time to start divulging the events of my amazingly exciting life.... well maybe not that gripping but you are reading this so maybe.....

Anyway, as many of you will know I celebrated my 21st birthday in good old Heidelberg and althought I was expecting a good night out, I was not prepared for the amount of suprises I had! I will also take this opportunity to thank so many people for really making this one of my best birthdays even though I am away from my loved ones!

So before my birthday began I had some nice Nottingham visitors who travelled from all across Germany to visit Heidelberg and celebrate me becoming an "official adult". So a big shout out to Matt York, Alex Marchbank, Hannah Garside and Katie"KCM" Maloney. I hope you all enjoyed Heidelberg and from the disgusting hangovers we suffered, I'm sure you all had a good night as well.

Then to all the Heidelbergers who came out for my birthday! It was an incredible night out and having been plied with drinks all night even a double tequila shot which was about half a pint (thanks for that Tara!) I throughly enjoyed my night and was in great company!

My next thanks has to be all the people who sent me birthday cards and presents in the post. Due to the slow nature of the German postal system, I managed to prolong my birthday for a good week by still receiving cards, birthday skype sessions and a special care packages from Miss Grace "Crazy Cat Lady" Storr, Christiana "Stavdog" Stavrou and Sophia "Booby" Beeby.  And of course a birthday couldn't go a miss without a special Birthday audio message from Mr Munnery. It really meant a lot to get all of this from people and im sure we will celebrate truly when I return for Xmas!

NOW for the biggest suprise of them all. On the weekend, Mumsy and Papa were planning to visit me in Heidelberg for the weekend which I was incredibly excited for. As I round the corner to the bus stop where they were dropped off, I get my biggest suprise: My whole family had come to suprise me! Mum, Dad, Dan, Sinead, Mike, Lucy, Auntie Mo and even Granny "G's" Mary! This then led to a lovely night out with the family, showing the highlights of Heidelberg, a great meal where we tried out the local cuisine ( my brave future sister-in-law had something called "wild boar". Germans = OBSESSED WITH MEAT), and exposing to Heidelberg's legendary Unterstrasse. Although only here for one day, I was incredibly thankful and had the best birthday weekend I could ask for!


Sorry for the slightly soppy post but it had to be done! Next post will have to be about Halloween or the lack of it in Heidelberg!

Andy C

2 comments:

  1. You're so lucky! Sounds amazing, happy belated birthday!

    Rosie

    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm.. you can get wild boar here too?

    ReplyDelete